Ads are usually mixed when it comes to the reception. There are those that feel as if they are an annoyance since some takes too long as well as some being too repetitive. Ads will always be there as it is a means to promote a product or event so to speak. There are different kinds of ads ranging from audio and visual ones. The visual ads could range from pamphlets or signs. Now video ads can use both the audio and visual aspect of any promotion. However you would need to think of a way to make and use a very effective ad video.
How to make an effective video ad
- One thing to do is not to make the video ad too long. The ideal is around a minimum of 30 seconds. And the longest should be around a minute. If it is too long then the people would be uninterested or get bored as well as annoyed.
- The content of the video ad should also be visually appealing. It should be clear, audible and entertaining in a way. Just add some motion design, mild effects and maybe a few CGI while you’re at it.
- Then of course it is also important to relay the message or the product that you are selling otherwise making the ad in the first place would be useless when you didn’t get to showcase the item.
Just a few things to remember
- When making a video ad, make sure that it doesn’t offend anyone. Most people would be offended if your ad appears to be a bit racist, sexist or just plain offensive.
- You can always make two versions of the same ad. One would be the short version and the other would be the long version just for preferences.
Making an ad video is easier said than done but you have to make it really effective in a way.